Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Nighttime BB Cream? What?



Being a Birchbox subscriber, I love trying all the new product samples they send me!
I'd heard fantastic things about the brand Dr Jart+ and was eager to try one of their BB creams. So when the option to choose my sample came up, I chose the Dr Jart+ for my May Birchbox because they offered a product called Dr Jart+ BB Night Beauty Balm.





Dr. Jart+ BB Night Beauty Balm
photo from Birchbox.com
I like the concept of this: a nighttime BB cream that's light, especially during hot summer nights where even the thought of using a nighttime moisturizer causes my skin to slick up faster than a paper towel blotting a piece of pizza.

But this has color/tint. That was a mistake.

If I'm supposed to sleep in it, I don't want to wake up and see a smeared version of my face on my pillowcase. It's just a disturbing thought.

And let's talk about that tint: it made my face a completely different color than my neck and the rest of me. As in, I looked like I'd tried to self tan my face. In order to actually wear this product, I would have to use powder or tinted moisturizer to color correct it, defeating the purpose of being a "sleep time" product. Granted, I'm on the cusp of "ghostly fair" skinned; so most self-adjusting products end up all kinds of wrong on me. But still, I wouldn't touch this unless you are warmer/yellow toned and tan easily; because if you are pale? The potential of the dreaded mask look; it's pretty much guaranteed.

I will say that I did like the texture, it was very light and almost felt like a serum. If there was a colorless option, I would probably have purchased it for when the temperature's climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment