Thursday, April 4, 2013

BIIIIIIG volume without needing earplugs!

I have thin hair, a lot of hair, but it's thin. It's also long, longer than it probably should be (...yeeeeah I really need a haircut) which means that it gets flat against my head pretty much daily.

Annoying!

I can hear you thinking "Duh, why not just backcomb it?" I'll answer, because I can't seem to do it successfully and I'm a hair-toucher. I have a tendency to run my fingers through my hair or touch it in some way, and if it's back combed my fingers get stuck and while that's hilarious to watch I'm sure, it's not very awesome.

I've used volumizing shampoo, conditioner, gel, mousse, and *deep breath* even a Bump-It to try and get a lift outta my locks!

One day while shopping at Ulta, I came across Got2b Powder'ful Volumizing Styling Powder and thought "Well, I like hair powders, I'll give it a shot!"

I AM SO GLAD I DID!

The good: It's relatively inexpensive (I paid $5.99 plus tax US) and while the bottle is very small and yeah, I shook several bottles to make sure that I wasn't buying an empty bottle, the product is virtually weightless in the container! It's not really powdery, the only way I can describe it is "teeny-tiny-plumping plastic". It feels like gum in your hair, but dry. HEAR ME OUT!! I know, "gum in your hair??? GROSS!" except it FATTENS your hair and changes the texture to what I can only describe as able to hold up the Moon. Plus you hardly need any to get the height and texture you want.

The wacky: It feels weird! It shakes out like powder, but looks like teeny tiny granules. When you go to "emulsify" it between your hands, it doesn't disperse. It disappears.  But it's still there, the texture is on your fingers now, so you can place the product directly at the root of your hair with your fingertips. This takes a bit of getting used to. You can also try and lightly shake the product onto the roots of your hair, but it's harder to control and you might wind up dumping a bunch onto your noggin. (...yes, that happened to me)

The meh: You really can only use it the one time as you're getting your style together. It bulks up the hair so much, you will have a hard time re-styling should you change your mind and want to curl or brush or comb through your hair. Once it's in there, it's IN there. You can't really style around it, or at least I couldn't, but my hair is long so maybe that was part of the problem.

The verdict: This stuff is AWESOME! Once I got used to how it worked, I found it easy! And it is completely undetectable! Unlike dry shampoos that can leave a white residue or colored residue depending on the brand you're using, this product VANISHES completely. I really like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment